Friday 1 March 2013

Task 4a: Decisions, Decisions!!

For the past week I was trying to get my head around, what to do for my inquiry.
I came up with a couple of topics that I find very interesting:
  • health and nutrition
  • influence of teachers
  • injuries
  • transition from performer to teacher
  • different learning styles
I find it hard to decide purely because we'll have to stick to the theme/ topic we use for quite a while. Therefore it has be chosen wisely!!!

The two topics that interest me the most are injuries and teachers and their influence on students.
After talking to co-workers, students, etc. I came up with a couple of questions:
  1. How important is a good student/teacher relationship in regards to the learning success of the student?
  2. What needs to be improved on and how can teachers help students in order for them to pursue dance as their professional practice?
  3. How important is good technique in order to prevent injuries at a later stage?
  4. What are the key elements for injury prevention?
Personally, at the moment I feel most interested in question 2.) because the dance school I teach, a couple of girls are toying with the idea of going abroad and studying dance or musical theatre.

Please let me know any thoughts any ideas you have. I promise I'll try to help out and reply to the best of my abilities ;)!

No comments:

Post a Comment