Tuesday 12 November 2013

Finding the right track!!

This afternoon, I had my first set of student discussion groups and I have to say it was really interesting.

It was great talking to all students and actually having a productive discussion about a topic that concerns their teachers and themselves.

Before talking to them, I had them fill out a questionnaire to gather information about their points of view and their opinions. That was already helpful and I have to say, I learned a lot from it. I realised, surveys are great in order to get a first insight into people's opinions and especially, to get them prepared for further interviews and discussions. Therefore, I was already looking forward to having a personal discussion with the participants.

Luckily, I wasn't disappointed. All of them shared their opinions and ideas they had and nobody was put under pressure. We really had a great discussion!

I got so much information from the discussion groups but at the same time, just as many questions emerged. Right now, I have to sort out all my thoughts and find the right path for my inquiry.
Tonight, I'll definitely have to sit down and sort out my thoughts. Getting everything down on paper and having a good nights sleep always helps ;)! Tomorrow is a fresh start and I can dive into some more researching, so watch this space :)!

1 comment:

  1. Great try out sending an example of a 'finding' what people said and 'your analysis ' what thou think about it compared to what experts have said and your experience. We will definitely watch this space.

    ReplyDelete